Meet the Dentists
Sean A. Cooper, DDS
Being a parent myself, I know how important it is to choose the right dentist to trust with your child’s oral health. It is my goal to provide the best care possible in an environment that is comfortable and non-threatening. I am always pleased when a child leaves our office knowing that there is nothing to fear when going to the dentist.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Missouri Kansas City School of Dentistry
- Pediatric Residency – University of Nebraska Medical Center
In order to provide the highest quality and most up-to-date care, I continue my education by taking courses and attending seminars throughout the year.
Outside the Office
In accordance with my Eagle Scout pledge to “give back to Scouting all it has given to me” I have been a Cub Scout leader since my oldest son entered the Pack. To relax, I enjoy such activities as camping, flying small aircraft, watching movies while completing puzzles, and of course, sailing!
Amanda E. Day, DDS, MS
Born in California, Dr. Day moved around the country with her family growing up, living in California, Virginia and Tennessee. She attended Duke University and majored in English with every intention of becoming a high school teacher. After college she followed a passion for adventure and spent three years teaching English in Miyagi, Japan. Life took unexpected turns and there she met her husband Justin from Somerset, England and started thinking about dentistry as a career. She returned to America and graduated at the top of her dental school class from University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Always loving working with children, she went on to study pediatric dentistry at University of Illinois at Chicago earning a Master’s Degree in Oral Sciences. She is a diplomat of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. She loves working with the team at Spinnaker and our dedication to the highest quality dental care for children.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Minor in Biology – Duke Universtiy
- Doctor of Dental Surgery – University of Tennessee College of Dentistry
- Pediatric Residency – University of Illinois at Chicago
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Oregon Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Oregon Dental Association
- Marion County Dental Association
Outside the Office
Following her husband’s English passion for cool temperate weather, she moved to Oregon to practice pediatric dentistry. She enjoys gardening, cooking, and exploring the outdoors with her husband and young son. Her family is very happy to have settled into Salem and you can often find them at one of Salem’s many parks on the weekends.
Request an appointment. Ask us a question.