Does Your Pediatric Dentist Go Above and Beyond for Your Child?
When it comes to dental care for your kids, you want the best. Aside from all the licenses and qualifications, you want a pediatric dentist that offers various services, understands dental anxiety in kids, provides a positive and safe environment for your child, and understands kids. But not all pediatric dentists are the same. Here are some things to consider about whether your pediatric dentist goes above and beyond for your child’s dental care.
What to Look for in a Children’s Dentist Office Near Salem
At Spinnaker Pediatric Dentistry, we have what it takes to be the best pediatric dentist office in and around town. Look at these suggestions and questions to see if your pediatric dentist has what it takes.
Seeking Out the Latest Dental Technology
The days of painful dentistry have come and gone. With today’s modern approach to dental technology, a trip to the dentist is easier than ever. This new technology is more precise, efficient, safer, and comfortable. And when it comes to kids, all of these things truly matter. Look for these valuable traits at your pediatric dentist’s office.
- Laser dentistry – Lasers offer a highly-effective way to prepare the teeth for fillings or other tooth decay-related treatments. Instead of drilling, your pediatric dentist can use a laser to remove the decay, making room for new, healthy fillings.
- Intraoral scanners – An intraoral scanner, also called an intraoral camera, is a wand-shaped device that takes three-dimensional digital dental impressions of your child’s mouth. The data is then used to produce a high-quality digital image of the patient’s mouth. This image can be viewed on the dentist’s computer screen and can also be used to fabricate dental restorations.
- Sedation dentistry – It’s estimated that at least 7% of kids start to show fear of the dentist at age seven. And dental anxiety tends to grow as kids get older, especially in those with special needs. Yet all kids must get a professional dental cleaning and oral evaluation every six months to protect their oral health. Sedation dentistry allows pediatric dentists to help kids safely relax during their dental treatments.
- Digital X-rays – Digital X-rays provide a much higher image quality than what can be achieved through the traditional X-rays of yesteryear. Not only that, but the process is more comfortable for patients, and results can be achieved much faster.
- Air abrasion – This process creates an easy way to remove tooth decay with tiny particles of aluminum oxide or silica. With air abrasion, your child’s dentist can do less drilling, creating a more pleasant experience.
Continuous Education for Dentists and Dental Assistants
Getting a dental license or certification is not a set-it-and-forget-it process. The best dentists will participate in continuing education and attend dental seminars to keep up with the latest techniques and innovations in dentistry. Through ongoing education, dentists and their assistants can improve their skills, learning the newest methods and techniques. And since dentistry changes continuously, the last thing you want for your kid is to have them undergo an outdated dental treatment.
Good Communication Skills
When it comes to ensuring the best dental care for your child, you want a dentist who will listen to your needs and concerns and who communicates clearly regarding your child’s oral health. Be on the lookout for these signs that your pediatric dentist has what it takes to create a good environment for your kids.
- A friendly atmosphere both in their chair-side manner and the clinic as a whole.
- Good communication will leave you comforted that you understand the dental treatment your child is receiving.
- Demonstrated expertise in the dental field and in working with young children.
- Satisfied patients are necessary, so don’t hesitate to ask for referrals if you are new to the practice.
- Efficiency at its finest because while we love spending time with our patients, we know that kids and their parents have pressing priorities to attend to. Your pediatric dentist should respect your time, offering an efficient experience that gets you in and out of the office and on with your day.
- Flexible communication is also essential, so look for a dentist you can contact via phone or a convenient contact form.
Ensure that your dentist is thorough and thoughtful and offers specialized care for your child’s unique needs.
Spinnaker Pediatric Dentistry specializes in dental care for kids.
Make Spinnaker Pediatric Dentistry your preferred children’s dentist office near Salem, OR. Whether you are new to the area or looking for a new dentist, we’d love to meet you. Our dentists are dedicated to providing the highest quality dental care for kids and their families. And we deliver honesty, respect, and courtesy in every interaction. Not only that, but we are passionate about providing a fun and relaxed experience for all. Contact Spinnaker Pediatric Dentistry today, and see how we go above and beyond for your child’s dental care.